Information for presenters
Instructions for oral presentations
These instructions are for invited speakers and orals selected from abstracts ("Oral presenters"). Oral presenters must bring their PowerPoint presentations on a Memory stick to the INMIS registration desk by 8:00am on the day of your presentation. When you submit your presentation let us know if you will have video during your presentation.
Please use 16:9 ratio slides for your presentation.
The registration desk will be clearly sign posted at the Symposium.
PLEASE NOTE ALL SPEAKERS MUST DISCLOSE ANY CONFLICTS OF INTEREST. The second slide of the presentation must be a disclosure slide. This slide should include any potential conflicts of interest that your employment role may have with the data presented and should also indicate any financial relationships that the author(s) have with any commercial products or services related to the work. If you have no conflict of interest the slide should say “I have no conflicts of interest to declare “.
Important note for Macintosh users
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the registration desk:
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
- Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
Instructions for poster presentations
Mount your poster on Sunday September 15th by 0830 in the Poster area. Remove it on Monday September 16th at 1930. The posters must be on display for this period.
All Poster presenters will need to check the INMIS website in early September to determine their poster number and the poster session that they are required to stand in front of their poster. Please stand next to your poster during your assigned session.
Please note you are to print and bring your own poster.
How to prepare your poster?
- Please prepare your poster to fit the dimensions not to exceed 90cm wide x 120cm high and it is recommended that posters be prepared on one sheet of material.
- PLEASE NOTE ALL POSTERS MUST DISCLOSE ANY CONFLICTS OF INTEREST. At the bottom of the poster a disclosure statement should be made that indicates any potential conflicts of interest that your employment role may have with the data presented and should also indicate any financial relationships that the author(s) have with any commercial products or services related to the work. If you have no conflict of interest the disclosure should say “I have no conflicts of interest to declare “.
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors/Institution/Country as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet).
- Supplies will be available for the mounting of posters.
- Please refer to the Final Program online that will be posted by September 1, 2019 on the symposium website for the poster board number assigned to you.